Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Mardi Gras card



One of my girl friends that lives in a different states but we always try to get together at least once a year, right now we are at 18 months, but next year we have a get together planned.

But she absolutely loves Mardi Gras and has gone many many times.   So I made this card to send to her.

I was inspired to make the card for her when I saw the   "SHOPPING OUR STASH"  Challenge #291 was Mardi Gras.   So I thought of Deb immediately.
I really dug into my stash for this.  I had a string of beads (with a couple missing) and these masks in a baggy of what I had labeled as "different holidays"   So glad I'm a hoarder of some things because without this I never would have made this card.    I just used some bright card stock to put the masks and beads on and then kept matting in more colors.   I had this piece of purple embossed card stock in my card making drawer so it was perfect to attach to my card base and then add the rest.

Thanks for the challenge, I enjoyed using up this old stash.

Here is the link for details on the challenge   "SHOPPING OUR STASH"



I am also going to enter this card in the Anything Goes - Challenge #84 at  "SCRAPPING 4 FUN CHALLENGES"   You could enter a card, layout, mixed media, mini album, canvas what ever you like to do.    I was really pleased in the different look for  what I usually make in cards and all the bright colors so I decided to enter this card.    The great thing about this challenge is that you can have unto 4 entries for each challenge.

Here is the link for the challenge   "SCRAPPING 4 FUN CHALLENGES."

4 comments:

  1. Great job shopping your stash to make this card for your friend!
    Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our Mardi Gras challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to use your stash-- yes, these items are pretty specific to Mardi Gras, and it's very convenient that you have a good friend who happens to love Mardi Gras! Thanks for sharing at SOS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful vibrant card. Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great card and a BRILLIANT take on our "mardi gras" challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH! <3

    ReplyDelete