Wednesday, September 14, 2016

#1 Fan


Dad taught me the love of baseball and even thought I have lived in Kansas City the majority of my adult life, my favorite team is still across the state with the St. Louis Cardinals.

I've gotten lax in watching baseball but Dad is still the #1 Fan.   He has gone to many games over the years and watched every other single game on TV.

Since the Baseball Village area was completed just over a year ago in St. Louis he has been wanting to go and see it and go to the Cardinal Hall of Fame Museum.

Dad is 93 and just this was diagnosed with cancer, he is on two cancer drugs and after 6 weeks one started really making him sick, he couldn't eat, he couldn't do much past sleep off and on.  But finally after about 9 days he started feeling good again so my brother and I surprised him and we took a day trip into St. Louis and had lunch in the Ballpark Village and then walked around and went to the museum.  It was great.  We even got to swing some of the bats used by players now and then.
Dad used Willie McGees bat and I tried out Yadier Molina.    We had a great trip.

For this layout I used the Jump Start Sketch challenge for September at  "THE SCRAP ROOM BLOG"   Used some cardinal red card stock and then 3 different patterned papers that are baseball themed.   From the one paper I cut out some single baseballs to put around the circle I drew with
black marker so it would stand out more.    Then just added my memorabilia ticket and I had my layout finished.

I am also going to enter this at "PAPER ISSUES" for their  "Take 5" challenge.    The 5 things I used from the challenge are  1. Red   2. # symbol   3. Number   4. 2 patterned papers & 5. memorabilia.

Here is the sketch.
And click on the links above for all the details.


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic layout Barbara and love what you did with the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool layout! :) Thanks for playing along with TSR! :)

    ReplyDelete