Friday, June 10, 2016

Jacob L. Loose Memorial Park



It was hot yesterday but we had a free day with nothing planned so we drove over to Loose Park to see the rose gardens.    I had been there several times when I lived in Kansas City before,  but my husband never had.    The roses were about a week past their peak but was still nice to walk around and see everything.

We picked up the brochure about the roses and of course brought it home in case I could use it on a layout.   Well I sure did.   The June 1st sketch at  "LET'S SCRAP"  was perfect for it.   Luckily before we left I stepped back and took a picture of the entrance of the park and then cropped it down and printed a 3.25x13" picture of it and used it for my layout title.   I added 3 different chipboard crimes around 3 of the pictures, a special flower tag and then also copied and reduced the big center picture in the brochure of the layout of the rose garden area.    Viola' one completed double page layout.

Check out all the details at   "LET'S SCRAP"  and see what the design team made.   There is also a great prize this month a $20 GC to Closet to My Heart.


2 comments:

  1. This is a great take on the sketch and the inclusion of the brochure just sets the layout off. Thanks for joining us at Let's Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have split the leaflet into 3 parts, it really makes it stand out. i agree that it is the perfect sketch for your photographs. Thank you for joining us at let's Scrap.

    ReplyDelete