Monday, June 1, 2015

I Think It's Going To Rain Today


We just had a fun 3 night weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks, unfortunately we had rain everyday and didn't get to do all we planned but still had an awesome time with the family.    The first afternoon there we sat out on the back deck and looked out over the lake and watched this storm roll in.  The sky just got darker and darker.
For this layout I used the sketch for May at "Creative Sketches" that I have below.
Plus I'm going to also enter it at "The Olde Saltbox", Heather hosted the b'day challenge for "Sketch N Scrap" on 5-29 with the challenge to use product from 3 different companies.   I started with a base using Tim Holtz Kraft-Core shattered card stock, then I used a piece of gray ACMoore card stock , my patterned paper on top of the gray card stock is from DCWV  - Time in the Sun, Summer Stack, this is an old collection I've had for ages.   The stripped piece of patterned paper is Jellybean Soup-Monster Stew Paper, then a strip of black Bazzil card stock.   I trimmed the 2 pictures in white Recollections card stock and then I used the letters in my title from Bo Bunny - True Friends sticker sheet.  I used the cricut cartridge - Simply Charmed to cut the clouds and rain drops and also used a white Gelly Roll pen for my journaling.

See the sketch below and check out Creative Sketches challenge details   HERE

Details on "The Olde Saltbox" challenge   HERE



5 comments:

  1. I love the greys and the clouds on this, it really makes your beautiful cloudy pictures pop!

    Glad you were able to still have fun with your family on your rainy vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to scrap the weather. I love all that grey, thanks for playing along with my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this eye catching page! The grays are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I belive you did get some rain! Thanks For Playing at My Creative Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful take on the sketch! Love the clouds with the little raindrops! Thank you for joining in the fun at My Creative Sketches!

    ReplyDelete