Sunday, February 15, 2015

Turkey Day


It's now time for my reveal as Guest Designer at "Lasting Memories" for week number 3.
This week we had a theme and a sketch to use.   It was a simple theme, just anything food related because this whole month is all about food at "Lasting Memories".  I cut my banner triangles in the green patterned paper and then matted them in the same paper as the 1 12" strip on the layout and had out my twine to put it all together.   But I was trying to decide on my title.  I didn't want to make it long and do Thanksgiving and I didn't want 2 lines for Turkey Day and was just stuck.   Went to look in my collection of alphas to see what I could used that wasn't going to be to big and go ahead and do one or the other of the titles.   Then I saw these banner alphas that I had not used yet.  PERFECT as they would fit just right on top of the banners I made and gave it a little more dimension then.
So did Turkey that way and just added Thickers for Day and I had my title.   So glad it all worked out this way.

So see the sketch for this weeks challenge and check out all details  HERE.
Hope to see lots of entries this week at "Lasting Memories".

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout! I love the Turkey banner! The colors and style are absolutely perfect! Great job with the food theme and the sketch, too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout!!! Love the CAS look and the way you matted your papers. Fabulous banner too!!

    ReplyDelete