Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Best Buds


One of Kai's best buddies is Aiden but he lives in California so they only get to see each other at best a couple of times a year.   Aidan's family made a trip to Dallas to visit everyone a week ago.
I just love this picture of the two of them.
I really did some new easy techniques for this one.    First off I used Sketch #140 at "Sketches in Thyme"    The sketch was great but when I was looking at it I saw where I have the rectangle of pale blue card stock as a picture frame in the background of the layout.  So I used washi tape around it to make it look more 'frame like' on my layout.  

I'm going to also enter this layout in another challenge.    At "Scrap It Girl" the February challenge is a recipe challenge and the recipe is use blue and arrows.     I have lots of shades of blues in this layout   Even though it looks too dark in this picture I started with navy blue cards stock and then there are different shade of blue on all the patterned papers and even blue washi tape.   I have one fussy cut arrow on the layout too.

Check out all the details  HERE for the "Sketches in Thyme" challenge and you can see below this great sketch that Rochelle Spears made.   I just love her sketches.

For the recipe challenge at "Scrap It Girl" check out all the details   HERE.


8 comments:

  1. Adorable page and picture, Barbara!! I LOVE how you used the washi tape to outline the paper! Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mix of papers! Great page for some good friends! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a adorable LO. Cute pics and love the details.Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap it Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice layout. Cool picture! Thanks for playing with Scrap It Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great layout! I love the papers and the flower! Great take on the sketch! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap It Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet layout. Love the different papers, they are really pretty. Thanks for playing along with us over at Scrap It Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great patterned paper mix--you totally made those work together! Thanks for taking the Scrap It Girl challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great LO for that cute pic! Thanks for joining us over at Scrap it Girl!

    ReplyDelete