Monday, November 17, 2014

Zoo Day


I've been working on an album (other than wedding) for my daughter and her new husband.    Special pictures of them and things they do.   So when I saw these 2 pictures posted on Facebook of when his parents visited them in DC and they went to the National Zoo I decided to print the pictures and make a layout of them for their album.   I loved getting out my stash of zoo papers and embellies to make the layout.   I got really lucky because I had the panda diecut I got in a swap saved and it you look closely in the back ground of the first picture you can see the panda at the zoo behind them.

I decided to use Sketch #69 at "Sketch-N-Scrap",  I really like the sketch plus I could use a variety of my papers.   I even found a piece of washi tape to use as the top of my banner that I thought the colors would work.    I just cut the washi tape strip in half lengthwise so it wouldn't be to thick.

Below is the sketch and you have until Nov. 30th to enter.   They have a great sponsor this month, its
a $20GC from "Rainbows and Scrapbooks" easy shop.    Check out the "Sketch-N-Scrap"  blog
HERE.


10 comments:

  1. I love your layout! Great banner and what a cute panda, so perfect for these pics! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job and great papers to go along with the zoo theme! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun pictures! I love the national pandas and make sure to visit them every time we're in the capitol! Great choices for papers and I love the banner title! Thanks for sharing and good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think everyone enjoys a trip to the zoo and you have scrapped your daughters photo's beautifully. The panda adds a touch of whimsy as well as being relevant to the photo's. Thanks for sharing your wonderful layout with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that panda is so cute! Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch ~N~ Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fantastic and fun LO. Great take. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute panda! Great take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout and I love all your Zoo embellishments! Thanks for sharing with S~N~S!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout!!!!Thank you to joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful panda embellishment! Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete