Friday, April 11, 2014

Our Guest Cottage





Here is the sketch I used for my layout.    It is the  Sketchy Friday 4/11/14 sketch just posted 
at the Shop Scrap Much blog.    Check it out     HERE
I've been wanted to make a layout showing the Guest Cottage from our vacation house rental.  
So this sketch worked perfectly for it.    The main house had the master bedroom,  master bath,
full 2nd bath, kitchen, dining room, living room, and laundry and of course all the out door area behind it.  The swimming pool and the gorgeous ocean just at the back yard.   So we all spent 
full days there.   But then step out the front door at night thru a gorgeous courtyard of palm trees
and tropical flowers and just walk a few steps to the guest cottage, which had an enclosed porch with a little table and chairs which was perfect for reading or relaxing before bed and then there were two nice bedrooms and a big bathroom with a huge shower.   Just perfect for Dad and Arthur & me.

The other challenge I'm going to enter this layout in is the 4-11-14 challenge at Frosted Designs 
Handwriting and Inks     You can check out this challenge    HERE
For the challenge you could make anything you want just so it has some handwriting on it and some ink.     Well I have my journaling in my handwriting, plus I add the word "Our" to the title on my layout.    The inking is Chocolate Brown Craft Spot ink around the edges of my vertical stripped paper behind my pictures.   Then I also used a brown Tombow Art pen to draw my circle in my layout.    Tracing dinner plates always works    :)

7 comments:

  1. What a darling layout - love that sketch!!! Love the circle and how you snuck in "our" on your title!! Love the cottage - looks like a great place to vacation! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs for our Handwriting + Ink Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page, Barbara. What a great idea to use the plate to make the circle. The guest cottage looks so cozy and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a darling guest cottage, can I come stay there :) I have to say I really like the way you added the handwritten "our" to the title, looks great! Thanks for joining the FD challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great take in the challenge, love your colour combo and the large circle! Thanks for joining us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous take on the sketch! The colours are so refreshing! Thanks for playing along with us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this layout!!! Tracing a dinner plate is a perfect idea!!! Sounds like a relaxing place :) thank you so much for joining us at Frosted Designs for the Ink + handwriting challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the nice, clean look of this! Great take on our challenge!
    Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs :-)

    ReplyDelete